The City of Clermont's Sanitation Division serves nearly 16,000 customers with the removal of more than 890,500 pounds of waste, including household garbage, recycling items, yard waste, E-waste and bulk items. The city provides every customer with 1 trash can and 1 recycle cart at $24.71 per month (residential). In an effort to meet the needs of the residents, the city provides three different sized carts for both trash and recycling. The sizes available are 35, 65, and 95 gallons. View photos and dimensions (PDF). Additional containers are available upon request, the cost of those additional for $13.28 per month for each extra garbage can requested. There is no extra charge for an extra recycling container.
If your cans are any other color than green, you can contact Lake County Solid Waste for any questions. They can be reached at 352-343-3776.
Set out all garbage and recyclables, including bulk items, before 7 am on the designated collection day. Please note: there are some items, such as building materials, tires, hazardous waste and motor oil that cannot be collected and need to be disposed of at a separate facility. This will reduce operational costs and ensure garbage is collected in a timely manner.
yARD WASTE COLLECTION
- Any debris resulting from work performed by a contractor (landscaper, tree service, etc.) must be removed by the contractor and not left at the curb as the City will not pick up debris left by a contractor.
- All material shall be cut to no longer than 4-foot lengths and be neatly stacked by the curb at least 4 feet away from any objects such as mailboxes, water meters and low-hanging branches.
- Any limbs more than 6 inches in diameter will not be collected and must be removed by the property owner at their expense.
- All tree removals requires a permit from Clermont’s Planning and Development Department located at City Hall, 685 W. Montrose Street. All tree debris must be removed by the property owner at their expense.
- All other small materials (leaves, bushes, etc.) should be bagged. Bags should not weigh more than 50 lbs. each and should be neatly stacked by the curb at least 4 feet away from any objects such as mailboxes, water meters and low hanging branches.
For more information on the Yard Waste Collection Policy please read Yard Waste Disposal Requirements (PDF)